As we head into the Fourth of July weekend, what better way to prep than to make some Explorer java jam? This cold brew infused jam is perfect to serve on top of any toast or dessert and it also works perfectly as a pie or pastry filling. Alternatively, put it atop some vanilla ice cream, and a decadent sundae awaits you...the options are endless!
- 1.5 ounces Explorer Cold Brew Concentrate
- 1/6 cup sugar
- 1 cup blueberries or raspberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoons corn starch (mixed with 1 tablespoon water)
- Add berries, sugar, and vanilla extract into a saucepan and stir
- Heat on medium-low heat till low boil
- Mix cornstarch and water in a separate vessel
- Add cornstarch-water mixture and Explorer to saucepan and stir
- Turn heat to low and simmer till it reaches the desired consistency (add more cornstarch or water to make jam less or more runny)
- Remove from heat and cool
- Serve on top of ice cream, in crumble or pie, or enjoy it alone!
The Explorer Team