While at Explorer, we always use our Explorer Cold Brew Concentrate to enjoy our favorite cold brew beverages at home, we understand that you might want to try your hand at making it yourself. Fair warning: it’s not as simple as you might think. It can be hard to get a consistent flavor profile - trust us, we’ve spent a lot of time cold brewing! But here’s our recommended approach if you’re looking to truly make some yourself at home.
About 12 cups
- 1 cup whole coffee beans
- 4 cups water (filtered, if possible)
- Ground beans until coarse
- Add coffee grounds to container
- Pour room temp to cold water over grounds
- Stir gently so all grounds are coated with water
- Seal container
- Store in fridge or in room temperature overnight (or for 12 hours)
- When it has finished brewing, pour cold brew over cheesecloth and strainer
- Store in fridge
- Optional: dilute with water or milk
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
The Explorer Team